As per last Saturday’s post, I’ll be finishing up Venus on the Ascendant and Midheaven lines and then discussing some of what else I would like to write about over the coming months.
Venus aspects to the four lines are from Mapping Your Travels, by Maritha Pottenger &Kris Brandt Riske, M.A. We covered the Round Art in the last post.
Venus conjunct Ascendant:
Your personal attractiveness could increase in this area as a result of a more charming, graceful manner, and you could become more physically appealing by taking steps to enhance your appearance. You might learn to like yourself better and become more comfortable “in your own skin.” A desire for comfort and sensual pleasures could increase. (If indulgence is overdone, weight or health issues are possible.) You could become actively involved in the pursuit of money, possessions, or stability and comfort. Feeling good is a priority. Relationships might become more important because in this location, self-definition comes partially through comparisons with others. You also might become more artistic or involved with issues of justice, equality, and fair play, and a partner could be more willing to assist you. Teamwork can flow more smoothly.
Venus conjunct Descendant (opposite Ascendant):
Relationships are doubly emphasized. The drive for partnership is likely to be stronger in this location, and sharing and teamwork are priorities. But you or your partner may tend to “keep score” out of a desire to have things fair and equitably divided. Aesthetic abilities could be accentuated, or you or the people you attract could put too much emphasis on appearances and looking good. Gratification is tied to the the interpersonal world; you find pleasure in people. You may also attract individuals who are comfort-oriented, stable, and sensual, or for whom financial security is important. The tendency is to expect a smooth, easy flow in the interpersonal realm.
(Notice how different this is than the Round Art interpretation of Venus opposite Ascendant).
Venus sextile or trine Ascendant:
You find it natural to take it easy in this location, and seek comfort and pleasure. You expect life to be smoother. Aesthetic abilities and talents can be strengthened and you could increase your earning power or what you own and enjoy. (Hedonism and laziness are also quite possible.) Kindness, a sweet manner, and affectionate exchange come more easily. Love is in the air. You are eager to share with others.
Venus square or quincunx Ascendant:
Clashes in relationships are possible. Separations can occur, and widely disparate viewpoints can be an issue in this location. Money is a potential bone of contention. You and those around you may be living a balancing act between assertion and accommodation (and could go to extremes before finding a happy medium). Issues concerning sensuality, physical pleasures, and possessions are apt to arise. Too much or too little indulgence is possible. Who owns what and who has which rights in terms of gratification are likely topics of interest. By mastering the art of appropriate compromise, you can bring more satisfaction to yourself and those you love.
Venus conjunction Midheaven:
You might come to enjoy your careeer more in this location, or your profession could provide more income, gratification, sensual satisfaction, or involvement with beauty. Your grace, charm, and pleasant manner could be professional assets, and you might be more inclined to seek an easy job or to look for opportunities to share with other people. Teamwork is appealing. You might meet a spouse through your work or feel like you’re married to your career. Comfort, stability, security, and predictability go up on the priority list, particularly regarding your vocation. You’re likely to become more practical about financial matters, and reality is highlighted.
Venus opposition Midheaven/Conjunction IC:
This location accents the connection between home and pleasure, and thus you might feel gratified by spending time with loved ones, being in the nest, or taking care of domestic tasks. You could become more fond of cooking (or eating), or enjoy decorating your home. A tactile orientation is highlighted; you are drawn toward what feels good. You also might have a stronger desire to collect things, and could make money through land, real estate, or a home-based business, but could spend extravagantly on anything related to your family and your domicile. Love and affection may be more evident with kin, and you might be drawn to genealogy, patriotic activities, history, or other paths to exploring your roots and remembering the past. Sensual satisfaction is likely to increase.
Venus sextile or trine the Midheaven:
Your career and/or status could be enhanced thanks to women, love, partners, sensuality, financial skills, personal grace and charm, beauty, or aesthetic talents. You are likely to be relaxed and comfortable in your pursuit of status and making your own contribution to society. Your preference here is for what is stable and familiar, and you might find it easier to generate money and resources. Authorities may be more supportive of your quest for gratification, and your family activities could be more pleasurable.
Venus square or quincunx the Midheaven:
Love and work may compete in this locale, and you might feel that pursuing your ambitios keeps you from a partner or inhibits your romantic life. Or, you might feel a partner is a handicap to your career. Duty could vie with pleasure if you feel torn between keeping your nose to the grindstone and relaxing and indulging (particularly sensually and in love relationships). Vocational challenges may be triggered by women, financial matters, or an excessive desire for comfort. Finding a way to combine ease and effort, power and peer relationships, and responsibilities and indulgences will allow you to have the best of both worlds.
I would really need to add that in cases of conjunction one of the four angles, which covers four of the eight mentioned aspects (midheaven, IC, ascendant, descendant) it matters which side of the line you are on — east or west. Having your Venus in your ninth house is much different than having Venus in your tenth house, even if both placements are conjunct the Midheaven. This is not covered by what’s posted here today; you have to go back to Saturday’s post to look at the house placements.
Finally, here are some ideas for writing that you are likely to see in the coming months:
- I am taking my final course in the Vibrational Astrology program I enrolled in two years ago. This is called Ethics in Counseling and it’s taught by Gisele Terry. There will be many things to talk about that are being taught. One slide we got recently is called Relational/Procedural/Communication Skills, and it includes eight non-verbal and eight verbal skills.
- There will be opportunities to discuss the angular lines for all of the planets from Mars outward, and the house placements for several of the planets haven’t been discussed yet.
- More about planetary midpoint lines — in other words, lines that designate the midpoint between two planets, such as the opposition to the midpoint between Venus and Mars.
- In turn, more knowledge of Sirius software, developed by Vibrational Astrologer David Cochrane, which covers these midpoints as well as planetary aspects including quintiles, septiles, noviles, and more well-known aspects. He developed Treasure Maps as part of his Sirius Astro Maps feature, and this can be covered in more depth.
- An analysis of trade-offs in choosing to live in one place over another. This is more of a human interest story, since delving in deep to make this analysis can really get into the life patterns and truth of a person and what they really do want. It would be easiest to share my story, since I know it so intimately, but others’ stories are equally worthwhile.
- Discussion of Moon positions per The Only Astrology Book You’ll Ever Need (it isn’t, but its discussion on Moon positions is easily the best I’ve seen).
- Discussion of the chart wheel near or above the Arctic Circle (hint: it’s highly skewed)
- A discussion of compatibility astrology using vibrational (i.e. harmonic) charts.
- The myriad number of “birthday books” to choose from and what each one is saying.
- Solar return charts
- Human design — an incredibly out of the box esoteric technique (and one that might take several posts to fully explain).
- More on personology, which includes, but is not limited to, all of the Secret Language books